Faces of City Ave- Cynthia St. Pierre, MassMutual
Meet the Vice President-Marketing of MassMutual Greater Philadelphia, Cynthia St. Pierre.
From a temp position to Vice President, Cynthia St. Pierre shares how MMGP
has helped her to grow and learn within the industry.
As the face of MMGP, she strives to build relationships with
other businesses around The City Ave District.
- How has MassMutual Greater Philadelphia helped you in your career development?
I’ve grown a lot in my tenure: from a temp position to running an entire department. Our infrastructure is very conducive to personal and professional growth and I’ve taken advantage of all the resources that have been offered to me.
- What are 3 words to describe MassMutual Greater Philadelphia?
Collaborative. Trusted. Innovative.
- What drew you to MassMutual Greater Philadelphia originally? And how has MassMutual Greater Philadelphia changed since?
Our president and CEO, Harris Fishman is what drew me to MMGP. I received a full-time job offer from another company at the same time that I received a part-time job offer from Harris. I had a gut feeling that MMGP was the better opportunity, so I accepted the position. We’ve grown dramatically since I started, which has created great opportunities for growth and development.
- What has been your favorite project at MassMutual Greater Philadelphia?
When we rebranded to MMGP. We have always been a member of the MassMutual family but marketed under a different name. In 2016, we celebrated our 130th anniversary and completed a large office expansion and renovation. We felt it was the right to align our brand closer to the MassMutual brand. There were so many moving pieces and it took months to get through but I learned a lot and I’m proud of the results.
- What is the favorite part about working for MassMutual Greater Philadelphia?
Every day brings new projects and problems to solve.
- What is your proudest moment at MassMutual Greater Philadelphia?
Helping create a maternity leave policy. We didn’t have one in place when I had my first child, so while I was expecting my second I did my due diligence and presented a plan. A few weeks later I was called into our COO’s office and she told me, “Congratulations! You’ve created a new policy for the firm.”
- How do you define success?
Having the right tools and resources to turn your dreams into reality.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Thai, Mexican, Greek, Vietnamese – I’m an equal opportunity food lover.
- People would be surprised if they knew:
I studied musical theater in college and earned a BS in Acting.
What book did you read last?
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. I do my best to read the book before seeing the movie.
- What did you want to be when growing up?
An architect. I was enamored by Frank Lloyd Wright and the mix of art and science that it takes to design buildings.
- What is the first concert you attended?
Dave Matthews Band
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A trip around the world! I’d love to visit all 7 continents.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the area?
We love attending all the fun festivals and block parties that Philly has to offer. There’s always something to do!
- What places have you lived in?
Harleysville, PA – Syracuse, NY – Philadelphia, PA
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would love to get paid to eat and travel the world.
- You’re happiest when?
I’m chilling with my family in the sunshine.
- Is there anything special about City Ave that you can share?
I love working with the many businesses around City Ave. Whenever I reach out to other organizations for help or to collaborate on a project, I am welcomed with enthusiasm and support. It’s a great business community to be a part of!