DNC road closures
A month out from the Democratic National Convention coming to Philadelphia, the city announced Thursday several road closures near the Sports Complex — where most convention events will be taking place — and FDR Park — where many protesters are scheduled to gather.
A map of FDR Park showing where protest zones will be located, as well as where water and first aid will be available for protesters, was released. The map also shows road closures in the park-
PennDOT also announced restrictions for I-95 on Thursday. Starting at noon on Friday, July 23, until midday on July 29, vehicles weighing more than five tons will be prohibited from travelling between Exit’ 13 (Interstate 76 West/Route 291/Valley Forge) and Exit 22 (Interstate 676).
The northbound exit ramp to Exit 17 (Broad Street) on I-95 will be closed to all drivers during this period. The southbound exit will be closed intermittently during the following times:
• Friday, July 22, at 10:00 PM to Saturday, July 23, at 6:00 AM;
• Monday, July 25, at 2:00 PM to Tuesday, July 26, at 2:00 AM;
• Tuesday, July 26, at 2:00 PM to Wednesday, July 27, at 2:00 AM;
• Wednesday, July 27, at 2:00 PM to Thursday, July 28, at 2:00 AM; and
• Thursday, July 28, at 2:00 PM to midday Friday, July 29.