Faces of City Ave – Jill Lock, Isdaner & Company
Meet Jill Lock, Director of Marketing at Isdaner & Company, LLC.
Ms. Lock builds and facilitates internal and external marketing programs,
while communicating the firm’s marketing goals and assisting in the development of operational policies.
How did you first learn about Isdaner & Co?
- We decided that we wanted to move to the Main Line area (we were living in Wilmington, DE). I remember interviewing for the job over 15 years ago and being impressed with how friendly everyone was and the long tenure of employees at the firm. I even had another interview arranged at another Main Line area accounting firm but decided not to pursue that lead because Isdaner just felt right to me.
Most unusual or interesting job you have had?
- Working at a jewelry store in customer service. I enjoyed the job and talking with customers. Many times, customers were there to buy a special piece for a loved one and you got to hear their unique story.
What are 3 words to describe Isdaner & Company?
- Friendly, Consistent, Compassionate.
What has been your favorite project at Isdaner & Company?
- Working on the 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2017 because I learned more about the firm history and was so proud of being a part of that milestone event
What is your favorite part about working for Isdaner & Company?
- The people I get to work with daily.
What is your proudest moment at Isdaner & Company?
- Being recognized as a Top Workplace for 2 years in a row.
Favorite travel spot?
- NYC. I enjoy exploring the various neighborhoods, visiting museums, and attending plays/musicals.
How do you define success?
- You do your best in what you are able to do and find satisfaction in big and little accomplishments
What book did you read last?
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce. This book mesmerized me because the pilgrimage of Harold Fry is so unexpected. Here is a retired man that seems stuck in life and sitting on the sidelines. All of a sudden, he has an emotional quest to keep a dear friend alive and starts his unlikely journey to visit her in her nursing home that is 600 miles away. His journey brings him to new understanding and greatly impacts his wife and the many people he meets along his way.
What did you want to be when growing up?
- A foreign correspondent for Time Magazine.
What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
- I would pay off loans and take my family on a trip outside the country.
What is your favorite thing to do in the area?
- We live in the beautiful scenic area of Bala Cynwyd/Lower Merion and enjoying walking the neighborhood to see the different styles of architectural detail of houses and buildings. Also, the mature attractive trees and shrubbery.
What places have you lived in?
- Harrisburg, PA; Syracuse, NY; and Wilmington, DE.
Is there anything special about City Avenue that you can share?
- There is a lot to do in the area with many restaurants, walking trails and shopping. We are so glad we moved to this area and it is getting better and better with all that City Avenue Special Services District is doing for residents and businesses.