Tips for Businesses that have sustained damage as a result of demonstrations
TIPS TO PROTECT YOUR SMALL BUSINESS
Businesses that have sustained damage as a result of demonstrations should document damages by:
✅ Taking photos.
✅ Obtaining a police report through the Philadelphia Police Department by calling 911.
✅ Reporting damage to your insurance company.
✅ Saving camera footage.
Business owners should call 9-1-1 to report any suspicious or criminal activity. All property owners are responsible for securing exposed storefronts with existing damage.
Contact the Commerce Department’s Office of Business Services at 215-683-2100 or email@example.com for more information about:
· Street closures, which continue to be enforced in and around Center City.
· Changes to SEPTA routes and other transportation issues.
· Support for businesses affected by vandalism.
· Interest in volunteering or supporting business and corridor clean-up efforts.
· A list of contractors for help repairing damages to your business.
While non-essential businesses remain closed under Philadelphia’s Stay at Home Order, business owners can still take steps to keep their businesses safe. Please be sure to review your security protocols.